Instead, medications are often used to facilitate BPD symptoms, such as mood changes, depression, impulsivity and The agression.
It has not been shown that the preparation mode is effective in all persons with BPD, and there are no medications approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of BPD.As such pharmaceutical procedures, generally including one of the four classes of medications, they must be individual.
SSRIS work, increasing the serotonin levels available in the brain .It is believed that this neurotransmitter has a positive impact on the regulation of mood, sleep and emotion, among other functions.
SSIR Side effects are generally temporary and soft, and include a decrease in sexual interest, insomnia, fatigue, headaches, stomach disorders, nausea or diarrhea.
SSRIS types include:
- PROZAC (Fluoxetine) : It was shown that this medicine will lead to mild improvements in affective symptoms, anger and impulsive aggression.The effects can be more pronounced in men and people with a high level of impulsive aggression.
- Luvox (Fruvoxamine): This medicine has led to an easy improvement in affective instability, and not impulsivity, in some studies.
- Paxil (PAROKSETHIN): Limited data show that this medicine leads to a possible reduction in suicide without a significant impact on depression.
Humor stabilizers and anti-KVULSI
The mood stabilizers and anticonvulsants are used to help with BPD symptoms, such as anger, strength of mood and impulsiveness.The mood, the bailists are traditionally used to treat affective disorders, such as bipolar disorder. About 36% of patients with BPD take humor stabilizers.
Humor and anticonvul stabilizers, which prescribe people with BPD include:
- tegretol (carbamazepine) : This medicine can improve impulsivity,But melancholy depression can also worsen.
- dapakote ( divalproex sodium ): This improves interpersonal sensitivity, irritability and aggression (first in people with high impulsive aggression).
- Lamictal: Improves anger, affective instability and impulsivity, but leads the risk of potentially deadly eruption.
- Step ( Lithium carbonate ): Limited data show an improvement in affective instability and, possibly, general functioning using this medication.
- Topamax (Topiramate): Improves anger, anxiety, interpersonal dysfunction and self-assessment of quality of life,But its secondary effect of weight loss can be problematic for those who also have food disorders.
Review For 2018 it was found that most people with BPD took antidepressants with subsequent anxiolytics (46.6%), anti-kvulsi (38.6%) and stabilizers of the Mood (35.9%).About 71% of people with BPD were discovered, taking some BPD medications at least six years.
Antipsychotics can be used to control IRA problems that are common in patients with BPD. While atypical antipsychotics can be used to treat impulsive aggression and improve affective instability, psychosis and interpersonal dysfunction in BPD,Long-term risks against the advantages of this class of drug for people with BPD are not clear.
Typical antipsychotics used to treat BPD,Include: / P>
- DECANOATE PLIMIXINA (DECANATE FLUPHANAZINE) and Fluanxol Deposit (FluPenthixol reservoir): Both have limited data on efficiency,But accustomed to treat suicide and self-admitting behavior.
- Haldol ( haloperidol ): This medicine improves paranoia and anger, and it is also related potentially with anxiety and affective symptoms.However, it can increase sedation and depression.
- loxitane (loxapine): Limited data that supports its effectiveness, but is used to help with depression and anger.
- NAVANE: Limited data supports its efficiency, but it is used to improve the symptoms of cognitive and psychotic perceptions.
Atypical antipsychotics used for BPD include: / P>
- abilify (aripprazole): This medicine improves affective symptoms, aggression, paranoia and general functioning.
- Zyprexa (Olanzapine): This improves fluctuations of mood, impulsivity, aggression, interpersonal sensitivity and severity of disorder as a whole. It has a high risk of weight and metabolic effects.
Despite some tests of improving the individual BPD symptoms, typical antipsychotics as a drug class, the severity of common BPD symptoms Degrada Its use must be closely controlled.Notable side effects include slowness, rigidity, tremors, anxiety, as well as long-term use, disquest residence (involuntary movements that can become permanent).
People with BPD may experience intense concern, duration from several hours to several days. As such, you can prescribe anti-anxiety medications called anciolytics.
Antifreative drugs work when increasing the GABA (natural soothing agent that reduces the activity of the brain), and as such, they can be useful during agitation and emergency disasters.However, no randomized controlled clinical trial considered its usefulness, and there are very few studies to support its use in the treatment of BPD.
The common side effects of drug anti-anxiety include feelings of drowsiness, fatigue and mental mist or vigor. Preparations against anxiety can also accumulate in the system of people with time.Long-term use is associated with sleep problems, memory problems, emotional dismembers and addictions.
ancholytics, generally prescribed for BPD, include:
- Ativan ( Lorazepam ): Like other medications on this list, this benzodiazepine creates a calming effect, reinforcing the effects of burning.
- Clonopine (Clonazepam): This medicine is approved for the treatment of panic disorders.
- xanax ( alprazolam ): This is used to treat as anxiety and panic disorders.
- valium ( diazepam ): This usually uses to treat anxiety, seizure and alcohol withdrawal.
The stop of these medications can suddenly lead to the symptoms of elimination, including irritability, nausea, tremor, dizziness, changes in blood pressure, fast heart rate and seizures.
If you or someone you know is in crisis, call free National life option for suicide prevention in
Deaf or complex people can contact the brain through TTY in
All calls are free and confidential failure failure 911 in an emergency.
New treatments under investigation
Researchers are seen in several new procedures for BPD,Including:
Word reception Message information
- omega3 Fatty acid: This can have some benefit in impulsivity and aggression. They are considered safely even in BPD and disorder of psychoactive substances.
- Opioid antagonists: Opioid antagonists showed some preliminary successes to reduce the behavior of self-employment, feature of BPD.
- antagists vasopressin: For these medications, researchers develop the results that the concentration of vasopressin in spinal fluid is positively correlated with a broken aggression,then the intranshant production of vasopressin increases the perception of threats in response to neutral stimuli,and that the highest concentration of vasopressin can partially explain the predisposition to irritability and aggression in people with BPD.
- Histon inhibitors Deacetylase: These medications are working by changing the epigenetic modification of histones (main proteins associated with DNA).In other words, they can help cancel the biological changes that occur from the tension of early life (known risk factor for BPD). Researchers say that the inhibitory properties of sodium valproate decaylease (which is.Its ability to pay attention to epigenetic modifications and gene expression) can partially explain its effectiveness in the treatment of BPD.
Medications can potentially reduce symptoms and improve people’s quality of life with BPD,But finding what time requires. It is necessary that the correct preparation mode can be of great importance.
Recent studies have shown that the remission speeds for BPD are high.However, it is important to remember that medical therapy is a supplement to psychotherapy, which is still the basis of BPD treatment.